Monday, August 16, 2010

Two questions after Reading sellers disclosure upon buying home what happens now? yuk!?

Seller disclosure listed that he had to deal with scorpions on his property and had pest control come monthly, how bad is this? I just cannot bear seeing scorpions on my property is there a definitive solution to keep them away? also once I am under contract can I still back up? If I do, do I just lose my earnest deposit or am I in a binding contract and have to buy?Two questions after Reading sellers disclosure upon buying home what happens now? yuk!?
Scorpions do not just come with a particular house.....you are shopping for a home in an AREA where scorpions are a problem. Buying a house down the street will not solve that problem. Contact a pest control company and talk with them about the area.





Disclosures are for you to know what your getting into ...........


did you get the disclosures before or after the offer was made and accepted. Often done after. If it wasnt disclosed until after a deal was made, it could be a deal breaker %26amp; you can likely get the deposit back. But if you chose to buy it you couldn't come back on them because they disclosed it.





Either buy in another part of the country where scorpions are not an issue or ask for a couple years of pest service in the contract..........and continue it.





Good LuckTwo questions after Reading sellers disclosure upon buying home what happens now? yuk!?
This is not really that big of a deal. Pest control companies have services to address this problem, and they are usually very successful. Also, if you are in any area of the US other than the deep Southwestern states, the scorpions do not pose a significant health risk.





You can also plant lavender around the home-I've heard that this is a natural repellent for scorpions...
you should have your own pest expert give you an opinion on scorpions. If it is in the disclosure statement, you cannot back out because of it. If you want to back out of the deal, other than b/c you cannot get financing, you will likely lose your deposit. They probably won't force you to close, although they can try in court.
What does your Realtor say about it? I hope you have one. No? Why? It doesn't cost you anything to have a Realtor working for you when you are a buyer.


If you do not have a Realtor because you think you know how to buy real estate yourself, then why do you ask these simple questions? If you do not have a Realtor because the seller doesn't want to deal with Realtors, maybe you still get a Realtor and look at other houses...
If you are that worried, and I would be esp that I have children, I would look for another home. I wouldn't think twice. If the previous owner has to have pest control come out monthly I would think there is no way to keep them away permanently.





Why would sign a contract having any thought of not honoring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment