Sunday, August 22, 2010

I want to start a business that buys homes that need renovation?

how/were do i startI want to start a business that buys homes that need renovation?
You are about 15 years late. The market is falling at this time. I used to buy HUD houses on closed bid, do some cosmetic repair and re-sell them and did quite well but in the last year the market is crap. I have recently unloaded all I owned and am waiting for the housing market to upturn. You can still do it but your profit margin will not pay for your labor.I want to start a business that buys homes that need renovation?
My suggestion is you should watch shows like Flip this House, and Weekend Warriors for the rest of this year, and see if it still appeals to you, cos most of those folks are in way over thier heads, taking on more than they have skills for, getting in to marital trouble if the partner isn't really on board, and realizing it is nowhere near as easy as it sounds, and more often than not, not realizing anywhere near as much as they thought they should earn for it, when they get in over thier heads and wind up hiring contractors to get themselves straightened out, and having to pay a mortgage on the extra house along with thier own house at the same time. Then see if the idea still appeals to you after you have spent time looking at what others go through. It is a trendy thing right now, but you really need to know what you are doing, and you really need skills of your own if you want to make a decent profit. You should also be sure that the housing market is solid in your area before you start, the housing market is not good in our area right now, it is definitely a buyer's market.
Hello, I did that for a few years and the way I got started was to visit several realtors and talk with them. I found two of them that would steer certain properties my way. I had a good profitable relationship with them. But that worked for me, maybe it was just dumb luck.





Healthnut
Do you have funds? do you have the skills needed to fix them up? These are the first and most important two questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment